- BUY LOCAL. That reduces transportation costs, and keeps local merchants in the game.
- RECHARGE IT. Use rechargable batteries and keep disposable batteries out of landfills.
- READ THE TAG. Use the energy rating when buying tools and appliances.
- GET A RIDE. Carpool, bus, bike. Good for the Sound and healthy, too.
- WALK IT OFF. Take a hike to work. Good for the heart, good for the Sound.
- BEAT THE HEAT. Lower your thermostat & water heater temperature to save money & energy.
- LIGHT IT UP. Switch to Compact Fluorescent Bulbs. CFL's use 75% less energy and last longer than incandescent bulbs.
- POWER DOWN. Make sure everything is turned off when you leave work.
- DON'T BE A DRIP. Regularly servicing your car keeps oil in your engine and out of the Sound.
- DIG IT. Plant a native tree or a shrub. They absorb carbon dioxide, storm water, and prevent erosion. Also are nice to look at.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.